6 days since we learned about the bank refusing our mortgage because the flat we were buying was above a café, we searched dozens of properties, saw about 15 of them and made countless phone calls to various parties. We found a property that we like on Tuesday and another one on Wednesday. The latter already had an offer so we were rushed to decide whether we should also put in an offer on not. The Estate Agency was on our case and we had to decide by 12noon today. We saw another property this morning as well at 11am that we disregarded. As 12noon was fast approaching we were still weighing the pros and cons for both properties and were really undecided.
The flat's location is obviously important as well as its rentability and saleability but we only had 2 days worth of viewings and felt we needed more time to view more properties. But that's the way it is sometimes so we decided to put in an offer for the second property knowing that it already had an offer. Two and a half hours later the Estate Agent called us back.
They gave us some pretty hard sale but we stood on our grounds, stuck to our offer and a few more arguments later, the offer was accepted!
Difficult to believe it actually happen. Still a lot to do and tomorrow we need to see the bank, view the property again with a few renting agencies, etc... no rest for the next few days I would imagine!